How fast can an electric skateboard go?
Most complete boards have a top speed around 20 mph, newer competitors and updates now claim top speeds of 24-25 mph.
Custom boards can be built to reach 30-35+ mph, but this is only for experience riders with proper safety gear.
In order to estimate the top speed of your esk8 we need to know a few things.
- Motor Kv (rpm per volt)
- ask your retailer or check kv estimate in bldc tool.
- Battery Pack Voltage (volts)
- Cell voltage * Number of cells in Series = Total Voltage
- Wheel Diameter (mm)
- Gear ratio (1 for direct drive/hub motors)
- Wheel pulley teeth / motor pulley teeth
- System efficiency
- 70-90% for belt drive
- 40-60% for direct drive